Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bogus Heating Installer Sentanced in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

A man from Crewekerne who installed solid fuel and woodburning stoves and falsely claimed hevwas registered and showed bogus certificates has been given a 4 month prison sentance suspended for 2 years posted bbc 16 Feb 2019 centralheatking

2. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Dangerous installs or just claiming to be qualified???

3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

4. Riley

Thanks mate

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jim09876

Jim09876 Member

There’s a important line to be drawn between dangerous installs and unregistered installs. Some good unregistered guys out there and some ***** “Gas Safe Installers” also.

Why does the Gase Safe send it’s propaganda into the installer magazine? We’re in the club already....I’m sold! please focus on the unsuspecting members of public.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Riley

Agree with the second paragraph.

I don’t agree that there are any “good” unregistered guys out there as what they are doing is illegal

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

And if they are good they should be registered.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Reckon Jim was talking about the workmanship not the morals.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Riley

No I know I was just clarifying the difference

10. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

Who would get the harsher sentence?

Registered installer or unregistered installer?

• Like Like x 1
  11. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

Yes and no here

I know some trades that illegally install yet do a better job than most legal installers

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Riley

That’s as maybe but it’s still illegal

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

nobody says an unlicenced driver is better than a licenced one, the ramifications to a home owner eg insurance are
    serious, and unregistered fitters will be cheaper thus stealing from approved engineers
    Rob Foster aka centralheatking

14. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Keep banging that drum and one day you're going to get a tune. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Plumber

So the above board "electrician" (trained to install smart meters) that caused an acquaintance of mine's house to burn down is "better" the a skilled but unregistered tradesman.
    Oh it's fine because he is "legal" so the insurance should pay out ..eventually....after massive and completely avoidable upset, loss of irreplaceable photos/kids drawings/childhood teddy etc etc.
    If registration is really to help people get better jobs done, it needs to be overhauled from the thinly veiled money making exercise that it is.
    (stand back and watch fuse)

• Agree Agree x 3