Discuss blow off capped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to my mums bungalow to see about fitting an outside tap took alook outside and noticed a pipe below the flue which was obviously the blow off but what puzzled me was it had a soldered cap end on it its not full soldered but never seen this before fitted a lot of boilers with my ex boss but alwqys kicked them back to the wall

There's a special fitting you can get that looks like a cap. But I just point it back.

What ? just solder a 22cap on to 15mm pipe at the top on the outside ! Ugh - but I can see
it works and might look quite neat - CHK

QUOTE=croppie;557239]22mm cap on 15mm pipe?

Some guys do this rather than turn the pipe back to the wall.[/QUOTE]

Wont be capped off it will be a umbrella fitting/ mushroom fitting

yes, cut the 15mm at a 45degree angle then solder the 22mm on the end, my previous employer sometimes did this!

At last. Bloody tech.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382391865841.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382391865841.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to blow off capped off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock