Discuss Blocking off the shower head from sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Currtis1

Hi,

I've recently bought a house. The bathroom as a shower head on the sink.

Would it be possible to cap this off? If so, what tools/pieces would I need?

Also, would the water need to be turned off completely when taking off the shower head?

Thanks

Hi,

I've recently bought a house. The bathroom as a shower head on the sink.

Would it be possible to cap this off? If so, what tools/pieces would I need?

If you want, go to your plumbers merchants and ask for a 1/2" brass cap and a roll of ptfe. You will also need footprints and a shifter.

Also, would the water need to be turned off completely when taking off the shower head?

Thanks

No, otherwise the shower would be constantly running.

Begs the question what sort of muppet would put a bath mixer on a whb though.

Take a picture before you start please lad, and email it to [email protected]

Ta.

Hi Croppie,

Thanks for the reply.

I've got a pciture:
i.*********/ OEGKe58.jpg

Note, I want to take the whole 'Y' shape pip off that is holding the shower head, and the shower head.

Does your post still apply to this?

Thanks,
Curtis

Also, just noticed I must have posted this whilst half-asleep.

I meant to put:
Shower head on the tap part of the bath, not sure why I put sink.
Guess that answers your last question!

I'd just bang a new hose and head on for now.

Why you want rid of it?

To be honest mate, it's just a pain in the arse having it hit your feet whilst in the bath.
It's the missus who's complaining.
Plus we've got a wall mounted shower the other side so no reason for it really.

Thanks for posting the pic.

In all honesty you'd be better off changing the taps entirely.

looking at that I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find something that would seal properly.

Undo the big nut and screw on a 3/4 brass cap. No need for ptfe as the cap is only there to stop water when you accidentally select the "shower" function. Boosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocking off the shower head from sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock