Discuss Blocked Toilet Soil Pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Blocked Soil Pipe

My soil pipe on the downstairs toilet seems to be partially blocked. Now I know it can be rodded but I was thinking of another way.

With the toilet removed and exposing the soil pipe I was thinking of making a reducer to fit over the 4 inch pipe down to a garden hose pipe size and then turn the hose pipe tap on to put a bit of pressure down the soil pipe.

Is this a good idea or should I not bother trying that?

I wouldn't bother even trying.

Water jetters operate at something like 5000psi, so your hose trick will do little, if anything.

It may be worth investigating why you have a sudden blockage.

Reply to Blocked Toilet Soil Pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a problem with a downstairs bathroom toilet. When flushed, the water in the bowl rises, as does the water coming up from the shower drain...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back