Discuss Blocked gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
uvy9a4a5.jpg
vanuva8u.jpg
evury8e2.jpg

Must have been leaking a while. When we removed the dodgy joint I found a 28mm compression coupling stuffed into the 32mm mdpe gas pipe. Then some epoxy resin had been smushed around it. What a cowboy.

We worked until gone 8 and it was in some mental storm. I had to drop the pop up gazebo as it was going to blow away. Soaked through to my under pants but got the couples gas line blown through, tested, purged and the boiler on. So they were happy!

Was it the gas networks that done it then? crazy stuff :(

No, I don't think so mate. Customer isn't sure who fitted it as the run was altered 15 years ago when the extension was built.

It must have been leaking a while but it's only now the water table is so high it's blocked the pipe. Somepeople just don't care, and some are just incompetent. I'm not going to judge it, just pleased to have it done.

We were cold and wet yesterday, and as I sweated the new 28mm coupling in place, the solder didn't run. Even though I had cleaned the joint I think it was the residue from the denso tape. So I cut the coupling out. Went to get another from the van. I was out of them! It was about 7.30pm. So I went back to my lockup and grabbed some, and back to the job to try again. At that point, crying was possibly an option! :0

Always get a better sense of satisfaction from a difficult job though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blocked gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock