Discuss Best solution?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

msec

Hi everyone,

I'm doing some work for a customer of mine who has asked for my advice so I thought I'd ask those in the know!

He has a 3 story 3 bed house that he is converting into bedsits. Currently there is one bathroom with a mixer shower fed from the combi, which is on the middle floor, he now wants two en suites adding to the floors above. Hes asked me to quote for the work, though I won't be doing the work myself as its a little over my head but I will be quoting to oversee the plumber on the job. I've managed to talk him into electric showers (he wanted mixers) in the en suites but I'm still worried that there may be insufficient flow/pressure. What is the best way to check/work this out? The plumber I have spoken to has told me he needs to work the loads out but can't remember how??!

I don't want to give the customer the impression that the job can be completed if it can't and obviously if we do go ahead I would like to leave him with a properly working system.

Many thanks, msec

Are you asking how to measure pressure and flow?
wier cup/flow cup to measure flow or fill a bucket and time it.
pressure gauge for the system working pressure

What kw rating you looking at for the showers, probably sailing close to the wind with two electric showers on a domestic electric supply.

You will be lucky if old water main will cope with what he wants to add on , more than likly need new larger water main from outside stopcock to handle demand.

Cheers for the replies guys,

8.5kw electric showers should be fine, both on at the same time running at full load will only pull 70amp, there is nothing else substantial in the house on a 100 amp main fuse. Very small shared kitchen with gas cooker other than that only tv's etc.

Are you asking how to measure pressure and flow?
wier cup/flow cup to measure flow or fill a bucket and time it.
pressure gauge for the system working pressure

Thanks for the reply,

I've already been advised how to measure pressure/flow, trouble is the results wouldn't really mean anything to me so I can't apply them! Should I be looking for minimum or standard figures?

You will be lucky if old water main will cope with what he wants to add on , more than likly need new larger water main from outside stopcock to handle demand.

I suppose thats what I want to be able to work out really. If this work would need doing first then I want to advise the customer, so we can either walk away from the job or do it properly. As we all know reputation is important, so I want it to be 100% or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best solution?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock