Discuss Best drill bit for stainless steel in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to drill out a 32mm hole in a stainless steel bar (4 - 6mm) What is the best type drill bit for a normal combi 18v drill.

Tct but you can make do with a bi metal hole saw and some cutting oil but speed 1 and take your time prob around 20-30 mins a hole

Tct but you can make do with a bi metal hole saw and some cutting oil but speed 1 and take your time prob around 20-30 mins a hole
Hss very slowly with plenty of oil start off with a small dia and work your way up to about half dia, then go for it , nice new sharp drill loads of oil. How many are you doing ? there are electro magnetic type bench drills you can hire for site work. centralheatking

Ok cool thanks I like the sound of this. So basically a hole saw but for metal instead of wood, and then you get different sizes instead of just one.
[automerge]1576523289[/automerge]
Hss very slowly with plenty of oil start off with a small dia and work your way up to about half dia, then go for it , nice new sharp drill loads of oil. How many are you doing ? there are electro magnetic type bench drills you can hire for site work. centralheatking
mate it’s just one for a monobloc tap.

Ok cool thanks I like the sound of this. So basically a hole saw but for metal instead of wood, and then you get different sizes instead of just one.
[automerge]1576523289[/automerge]

mate it’s just one for a monobloc tap.

Yes will be listed as bi metal go Bosch or starrett

Get two not just one incase you hit a hard spot

Yip Ill

have you ever used a step drill , this type of thing. No idea if it’l just melt

Attachments

• AA128B0E-43E9-4F98-AF8F-3EE31DE5A1FD.png
    AA128B0E-43E9-4F98-AF8F-3EE31DE5A1FD.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 9
Not on thick stuff max I would go is like 2-3mm any more it doesn’t fully work you have to do it both side etc

Reply to Best drill bit for stainless steel in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock