Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Best blow torch? in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. hihowudoin

hihowudoin Guest

Rothenburger superfire2 + propane for day to day use :)

2. WHPES

WHPES Trusted Plumber GSR

Bullfinch Firepower torch with MAPP cartridge. The Firepower is available either to fit disposable cartridges or refillable Primus cartridges.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  3. Billy Bob Bob

Billy Bob Bob Guest

just bought the bullfinch performa seems to be running far to hot on propane its over cooking 15mm,faulty or wrong gas about to ring bullfinch as instructions say to use propane only which i am

4. SPC

SPC Plumber GSR

I have 2 torches, one is the superfire 2 with the standard nozzle which i like using when im soldering 22mm or bigger and the other is the turbotorch which is pictured earlier on in this post which i find is superb for 15mm or soldering in tight spaces where you need a fine controlled flame. propane with both of them is ample. i keep a bottle of mapp with me too tho just for them special occasions where theres some water in the pipe which needs soldering or your trying too get a 30 year old immersion out of a cylinder :D

5. SPC

SPC Plumber GSR

just another point too note the turbotorch has a swivel nozzle so you can point it however you want which can help when your limited with space whereas the superfire 2 isnt

6. Dan

Dan Admin

Just digging up this old blow torch thread.

What's the best blow torch these days?

Any of these any good?

blow torch | eBay

7. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

7-9th down look / are the superfires

8. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

All about the turbo torch extreme with standard propane. Forget mapp gas. Ive had superfire 2 in the past but find a turbo torch has a more direct flame...no need to use a heat mat at all!

9. Vee

Vee Plumber GSR

Super fire 2 and Propane adapted to Primus reusable Bottle.