Discuss Bending copper pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elaborate please?

wish I could.

The course I am on, went last night an dmet the practical tutor.

he said he would teach us to measure using string?

I'll be there tonight for the 1st practical lesson so i am intrigues on how to do this!

I'll report back.

Is it not for if your measuring a length of pipe but it may have offsets etc in it?

If it is the diameter of the pipe your looking for just get your adjustable spanner on the pipe then measure - simple.

would you be measuring the diameter???
When converting from lead to copper I've heard of using string to find out the lead pipe size for lead loc fittings.. if its that way round, part from that the easiest way forwards the metric ruler aint it...!!!

I've never had to use them, but I have a digital caliper in my van. Cost me a fiver. If I ever needed to know the pipe size (OD) I would use them.

You can use a string, as detailed in Toms video on Youtube.

Elom8..what to do is get a piece of string, then wrap it around the pipe TWICE, get youself a good marker, mark the string... You then remove string and you'll have three marks ignore the centre mark..measure from 1mark to other, get your calculator(mm). you then devide it by 44 then I think you ad 7 and this shoiuld give us the circumference of the pipe....no presto.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bending copper pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back