Discuss Bending 22mm pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say a hand held device, in the year 2015, is backward?
Too much effort? Too pull a simple bend?

Hand held now for me, even though pulling a 22mm pipe round my knee is still possible it isn't as easy as it was !!

A frame floor bender is not that big if you have a van. It can easily be hung upright at the back of most vans. Ironically, the newer square framed benders are heavy compared with the older top quality round framed. Probably mainly due to box section being more material than round.

A stand bending machine is rarer than hens teeth unless on a site or a big job where it can sit there. Tbh there is not much need for them if you never do anything much more than 22mm
Also most plumbers would rather spend 300 quid on a new dewalt screwdriver than a stand up. Such is life.
I would say a hand held device, in the year 2015, is backward?
Too much effort? Too pull a simple bend?
You starting to feel your age :wink:

Btw anyone should be able to bend mm perfect on any machine and fit to the clips. It only takes a little practice and once you learn you never forget.
Another btw. Mark your wheel.

it is not hard to bend 22 mm with a hand held bender. kyle said it before and i will say it again now. simply rest one leg on the floor and use your body weight to operate the other arm as a lever.
if you dont do this you will likely need steroids!

it is not hard to bend 22 mm with a hand held bender. kyle said it before and i will say it again now. simply rest one leg on the floor and use your body weight to operate the other arm as a lever.
if you dont do this you will likely need steroids!

Yeah but Porky's got a lot of body weight he can use.....

As tamz said, when you are starting up there are plenty of better tools to spend your money on. I would strongly recommend a decent impact driver as being worth it's weight in gold. You and your wrists will soon get fed up of driving screws in by hand.

A good chunk of the work involved in plumbing isn't plumbing if that makes sense, it's all the other stuff like lifting/fixing flooring etc. Think about what you can spend your cash on that makes these jobs easier. Things like: -

Circular saw
Fein cutter or equivalent
Cordless drill
Impact driver

Much more useful than a floor standing bender imo.

Handheld. They can be thrown in a rubble sack with loads of other bits you need rather than yet another trip to the van just to get the benders.. Plus another trip when you leave. I'm like water, always follow the path of least resistance ;)

I use a old record one that my gf's grandad gave me. But it seems to deform the pipe in the guides a little. Then the pipe is really tough to get out. Only on 22mm though. Anyone know why?
If they're your girlfriends grandads benders they woulda been for 3/4 not 22mm I'd say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bending 22mm pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back