Search the forum,

Discuss Bbu's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Had a few back boiler fires lately and noticed how crammed up they seem to get with dust , one today was shocking to the point the radiants were complently thick with dust and couldn't see them not to mentionn the state of the boiler behind . This probably took best part of hour brushing and hoovering , after cleaning everythinbg checked out fine but should i have noted the state of the fire on my cp12 knowing htat this time next year it will be under a mountain of dust?

I would of left a co alarm as not alot of cost or noted a co alarm strongly recommended

as with puddles post and hybrid laminate floors have a bearing but you wont find in the same state next year if you have given it a trough clean which by the sounds of it you have,what makes you think the last cp12 was done right?

Had an argument over this a few years ago

Went to a rental property

I had done the cp12 year before and this year there was massive soot on he. Sooting marks around pictures above bbu.

The argument presented to me was to drop a new liner in and service the appliance biannual. I disagreed and insisted on a rs combi.

Would anyone else agree?
Comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an argument over this a few years ago

Went to a rental property

I had done the cp12 year before and this year there was massive soot on he. Sooting marks around pictures above bbu.

The argument presented to me was to drop a new liner in and service the appliance biannual. I disagreed and insisted on a rs combi.

Would anyone else agree?
Comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A properly functioning, serviced BBU with proper ventilation in place should not create a lot of soot. I service quite a few a week. (2 today) There must be a reason for the bad combustion.

Sorry should have stated it was council owned house so i didn't mention about carbon alarm detector as fires that i fit service for my own works i do recommend these being fitted .Judging by state of the house the fire /boiler will but smothered in dust within a couple months , to quote the tennant ' we never use the fire ' probably because you cant see it under the 5 inches of dust .

They need doing every 12mnths without fail, they take me well over an hour to do properly.

could you recommend another check in less than 12 months? for example if you had pets, no carpet etc.. creating an situation that could warrant more regular maintence than the recommended 12months how would one note this down?

many moons ago i remember an engineer at my old firm got dragged over the coals by the corgi inspector because they checked a back boiler unit in a property that had 4 dogs, 5 cats, etc... and when they checked the appliance a few months after it was serviced it looked like it had not been touched in a long while.

I cant remeber the make of it now ,but we look after a couple of pool heaters that the mi recomend they are serviced every 6mnths.
Edit, Certakin pool heater.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I mentioned I see quite a lot in a given week. They do get very dirty at times, especially if they have laminate floors and pets. It is the way they operate. Combustion ventilation comes from the open room, so the boiler is constantly drawing in air which pulls in dust and pet hairs with it. Unless this is extremely excessive, it is generally nothing to worry about if it is serviced every year. Make sure their is a CO detector fitted and make sure the vent is not covered. Take the vent cover out and check inside. Covering the vent will make the boiler work harder for its air, drawing in more crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bbu's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock