Discuss Baxi Platinum dodgy hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aquariusplumb

Hi all can someone help me. Baxi platinum boiler works great in ch mode, turn tap on green neon comes on, red Hall effect sensor comes on, boiler fires but water foes hot then cold. Sometimes hot water runs warm but never really hot. Felt hot pipe under boiler with bath tap blasting and pipe doesn't really heat up! Plate heat exchanger partially blocked? Thanks

Il have to check tomorrow. It's only been fitted 3 weeks just wondered if it was something simple before I call the heat team out to it.

Il have to check tomorrow. It's only been fitted 3 weeks just wondered if it was something simple before I call the heat team out to it.

3 weeks? As long as you know the system was flushed and cleaned best you could then I'd be kicking it to them ... could be a dodgy Phex?

Yeah I had It running for an age with chemicals in and out constantly cleaning the magnaclean til there was nothing sticking to it and checked it today when I popped in and was clean. Never had a problem like it with these boilers. I suspected the phex. Oh well heat team here you go.

Don't shoot me down okay... Fitted an Apollo for a landlord a few months back ... just wouldn't work on heating or water! Kept overheating! Ended up replacing it!! Over the years seen loads of issues on installation. Just send it back to manufacturer! Not good when the custard has to live with a dodgy boiler but what can you do? :)

Myson Apollo ( super sexy band k rated? ) for DHW check that the diverter head is working properly, I would assume so as ur getting CH but not domestic. Is Hall effect a constant light or weak flickers? Had odd instance where sensor was bunged up. Also u have got hot and cold in correct orientation? I have NEVER done this tho. Works for few days then intermittent. Also mixer tap or shower passing? Fit a check valve or two?

bet you a mars bar the lead field engineer says its a installation fault knowing full well something on the boiler has been massed produced wrong not that thats ever happened to baxi - NOooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Platinum dodgy hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap...
Replies
Views
About to install a new Mira Platinum on a gravity fed system. The Installation Manual shows the pipework from top of hot water tank coming off at...
Replies
Views
When I put the central heating on the hot water gets drawn through the pump but is then being diverted straight back to the boiler instead of the...
Replies
Views
Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock