Discuss Baxi Platinum Combi HE 28 - no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D4Daz2107

Hi, 1st timer with a bit of Boiler DIY knowledge built up from owning an old Britony 80 ahhhh!

My Baxi platinum is 18months old and yesterday the DHW gradualy stopped working till now it does not work at all, SO no HOT WATER.

CH is all OK, the following is what I see:

Run the tap, Green Light illuminates.

But no burner flame

Hall effect sensor lights red, water pressure feels OK

HELP!!!!!

Regards

Darren - showering at work- Scott

Warranty, yes it is under warranty and I have called Baxi and they are going to send out an engineer however I was reading on another website that I may not have a warranty unless I had been getting my book stamped up. The boiler was serviced a year ago when I had all my radiators fiited with valves, the system was flushed, inhibted etc...the inside of the boiler was cleaned, filters checked etc...but I was not aware that I needed to get the book stamped so I have tracked the guy down who serviced it, but he works for the council as a plumber and for some reason he would not commit to signing up the book, so at the minute I maybe stuffed, any thoughts???

Regards

Darren

Do you have any other dated paperwork?

Servicing schedule, invoice etc.

I attend in warranty breakdowns for boiler manufacturer.

As long as the benchmark page was completed on installation and the problem is within the boiler casing I would repair.

If the log book had not been kept up to date then I let the customer know that not everyone would carry out repair.

It will be the attending Baxi bloke who decides to repair or not.

Thanks for the replies JAP&H, wish you lived up this way, my thought process is along the lines that a yearly service of cleaning filters etc would not prevent equipment failures of sensors, motors, pumps etc...maybe I am wrong to think like that.

Do you have any ideas what could be wrong so I dont get ripped

Does the boiler work in heating mode?

If hall effect sensor checks out, next thing is diverter valve and actuator.

most Baxi guys would just sort out the problem,they are more keen on promoting brand values than some other manufactures,bit confused as to why the op wants to avoid getting ripped off if the boilers in warrenty

This highlights one of the issues in getting someone doing a foreigner to service your boiler. Baxi should still honour the warranty but if there's a fault due to the previous guys work there'll be no comeback on him because nothing is in writing.

most Baxi guys would just sort out the problem,they are more keen on promoting brand values than some other manufactures,bit confused as to why the op wants to avoid getting ripped off if the boilers in warrenty

I have found the complete opposite. Heateam have been the worst at trying to dodge fixing a boiler under warranty that I have come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Platinum Combi HE 28 - no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock