Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Platinum 28HE problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post on here for me although I'm a time served electrician I know my way around the older control central heating systems. My own above boiler has developed a hot water supply problem but the heating side is fine and my boiler has given me great service for 8 years. Problem is fluctuating hot water temperature when called for. There are no error codes showing on the diagnostic read out and symptoms are when the hot tap is turned on the boiler fires up as normal and heated water flows but not as normal, running warm then cooler at regular short intervals. I then let the boiler and heating side totally cool down before selecting hot water only then I turned on the hot water tap. Observing the boiler then it fired up fine and the water temperature read out rose to around the 85-90 degree mark before cutting out for a while then firing back up. This cycle repeated whilst the water temperature flow coresponded with the boiler action. My own conclusion is that the diverter valve has developed a fault as the heating flow pipe is getting hot below the boiler despite the selector switch being in the hot water only position. We live in a soft water area so I doubt whether the heat exchanger could be furred up (been reading a few posts). Any thoughts/ diagnosis off you most learned guys on here ???

Last edited:
Think you have answered your own question ! flow pipe getting hot when calling for hot water, cant tell you to much forum rules, what stops water going down heating pipe ? or put another way diverts it.

The forum rules are clear for ALL to see..This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Platinum 28HE problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock