Currently reading:
Baxi Duo-tec fitting issue

Discuss Baxi Duo-tec fitting issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWheating

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just a heads up to anybody fitting a Baxi Duo-Tec boiler. I have fitted about 6 in last two weeks and have found that the paper template that comes with the boiler does not have the correct flue position height marked on it when installing the standard (not telescopic) flue kit.

This may be a transition of flue kits or old templates? who knows but please be aware and double check the measurements from the top of the boiler to the center of your elbow before you drill your core hole and get very angry like i me :( when it turns out to be 30mm to low.

i noticed this last week , the jig also doesnt fit the old baxi`s as i found out to my expense

an engineer i work along side phoned baxi and asked why it was wrong, they said "we will call you back". That was over a week ago. Customer service = zero.

i agree with cutomer service i phoned yesterday at 09:50 they were going to phone me back in 5 minutes. i also spoke to my rep 3 times guess what time they phoned backgo on i dare you in fact if you get within 5 minutes ill give you bottle of spirits for christmas on me

two guesses boyr n girls one for CS on for the rep . i am serious too when a say a bottle of your choice. standard size.not 8 gallon 15 ltr

why are you all ringing custard services by pass those muppets and ring the trade helpline

if its the new ideal cant think of the name the one that ways nowt so far are behaving might have to re appraise ideal but not the icos or isar they will always be sh..............see quality you started me off now got a bloddy icos booked in for the morning hope its eaten itself theres another one down

Get your axe out on the icos as you know
ps we have all had a long day not just yourself

av noticed when fitting a few heatmax,s (identical boiler as duo-tec) that had to chip a bit of the brick away to get the flue in about 10mm not 30mm tho only happened recently so been making the bracket 5mm lower and thats worked ,had a cracker today boiler kept coming up with E133 fault no gas supply but purge boiler and was loads of gas checked working pressure at meter 22mb ,inlet working pressure wen boiler tryed to fire was 13mb so rung baxi complained loads and they came out the same day cos i fit loads of them anyway the main chief comes out does all the same checks as me and says only 5mb at boiler ,guvernors goosed yet was 13mb last night now i no thats low and was going to call transco but still thought boiler would fire not so has to be minimum of 16mb bloke from transco had to change meter aswell as guvoner as dial the wasnt going round ,bet the cust was well happy hearing that ,lol all in a days fun not had this happen before and been fitting these a few yrs now

nope go on guess again ive had a hard week , but very profitable so am feeling in a good mood

nice one, must be the rep then....
ps: had hard week too but sadly not very profitable lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Duo-tec fitting issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock