Discuss Baxi course: highly recommended in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went on a free course for the DuoTec and it was great, so I'd have no reservations about doing the full course and paying for it. Just couldn't face that drive every day. May do it in the summer when free time is easier to come by.

They are wicked courses. Did them in Warwick earlier this year. Really can't recommend them highly enough. Good coaches excellent hand outs.

Went to Dartford last Thursday & had a look at there re-newables - Solar thermal, CHP, GSHP & Wood chip boiler all very good & more coming.
You may even see us in the PHAM News they had a reporter down to cover the day.

yea probably about 3hrs or so each way, but it's having to do the 3 courses that's the problem, means 3 days lost.
I was really only interested in the boiler fault finding.
I think you can get away with doing basic electrics and boiler diagnostics and miss out on the other 2. The combi appreciation course I could imagine for someone who has been at it for years would not learn very much. I have started to get my head around system wiring but feel that a whole day doing it without the pressure of work will be priceless and I'll probably learn more in that one day than I would in 3 months of flapping on jobs staring at a wiring centre thinking i'd rather just rip it all out and start again than try to find where it's been wired up wrong! :D

Did the course a few years back. Thought it was great. I haven't done any training for a while now. Going to try to get a free Worcester Bosch course as I've fitted a fair few of them this year.

Did the boiler diagnostics today and picked up on all the faults pretty quickly using what I had been taught. Has given me so much more confidence that i'm really excited about putting it all in to practise (geek) Excellent day today, plenty of hands on and was good to see what we have been taught actually works. On top of that what made it better was the lads on the course were all really keen to be there too and wanted to learn and they were all just as impressed with the course as I was. I hate it on courses when there's usually 1 or 2 blokes who act like they know it all and constantly gobbing off. Wasn't like that this time, best course I have ever done and I have learnt more about how boilers work in the last 3 days than I have in the last 12 months, just goes to show if you are taught well things can be understood. Things seem a lot clearer to me now and I wont be so worried about working on boilers now. Still have loads to learn but this has been a great step up. Roll on 23rd December for system wiring and controls.

Glad to hear good things about these courses as i have been looking into them myself over the last few weeks, think you have just made my mind up, i will get them sorted for the new year.
Can i just ask are they full day courses?

Glad to hear good things about these courses as i have been looking into them myself over the last few weeks, think you have just made my mind up, i will get them sorted for the new year.
Can i just ask are they full day courses?
Hi that's good I would get them done asap, was beneficial for me as only been at it for a year so I learnt so much. They are full days, teaching starts about 9ish if everyone is on time. Tea break somewhere between half 10 and 11ish. dinner time about half 12 1ish and then can either finish the day earlier or have a tea break in afternoon - which is what we did. finished between 15.45 and 16.30 on different days. It's a very relaxed course and done at a good steady pace. They could cram more information in and show you more stuff but I think they had the balance about right. Too much info and it's in 1 ear and out the other for me :D but that's been the general gist of the day for me this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi course: highly recommended in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back