Discuss Baxi course: highly recommended in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, Just thought I'd share my opinions on the Baxi courses that I have been on this week. The instructor has been excellent, doesn't bombard us with so much information that we forget half of it. He doesn't waffle on too much, he keeps it basic and gives us the info we need. So glad I did the course now and not a year ago when I was first starting out, I have done a lot of courses over the last couple of years but the trouble was not getting to put what I was being taught in to practise because I was still in the army, so I have the qualifications for some things but only just starting to learn aspects now (part P stuff mainly). Did basic electrics yesterday (learning how to use a multimeter and test components) today was combi appreciation - a lot of it I knew or had a good idea of but it was good to go in to more detail and was good to see how simple some things really are. I would definitely recommend the course to anyone who is familiar with boilers through installs but want to learn more on the fault finding side. It has done my confidence some good because there's guys on the course who didn't seem to know much more than me (but they can obviously smash pipe work in fairly quick and everything else where as i'm still slow). I wont feel so guilty in work now when a repair is taking a bit too long because it has made me realise everyone has to start somewhere and nobody knows everything. I have boiler diagnostics tomorrow - should be the most interesting day and get plenty of hands on then i'm back on the 23rd for system wiring and controls. sorry for the lay out of my post can't seem to use the enter button on the forum.

yeah, how much, its around £65 per course isn't it? and you have to do the electrical course, so £130 for 2, £200 for all 3???

i remember there was no discount on multiple days, just multiply days by 67 or whatever it costs now. They do/did 4 day course :)

ive recommended this course before without a doubt the best course ive ever been on and when i did it it was free

That's right £75 per day but 10% off for making an online enquiry first. They wont let you do boiler diagnostics without doing basic electrics first though as they said so many people turn up saying they can use a multimeter but turns out they haven't got a clue. A lot of money but worth it for me even considering i'm not getting paid for my time off but if you can convince your boss (if you have one) to pay then go for it.

In Dartford Johnnyplumb but I think they have training centres in other locations.

I enquired about there boiler courses, but was told I had to go to warrington
I know the courses get good reviews but I was hoping for somewhere nearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi course: highly recommended in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock