Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Baxi 105e - Pressure valve off the scale... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Freezincold

Hi All

Just wondered if you could advise - I had a new PCB put in my Baxi 105e the other day - now when I put the heating on, the pressure gauge goes up to max, right round the dial.
I'm thinking that the PCB ain't conected correctly, otherwise the relief valve would have come on by now?
Bit nervous about using this, and it's bloody freezing.. anyone know if this is safe to use until I can get a tech back to have a look?

Many thanks

no its not safe to use,either a filling loop has failed/stuck open,expansion vessel or pump but the 105 would not run with a dead pump where abouts are you may be some one on here that can help doubt this fault is any thing to do with pcb

No, the new PCB was put in as the old one had failed, the new PCB is a new dsign - wondered if the wiring is not connected up correctly to the gauge? I'm in Stockport and it's minus outside...

seen this before, expansion vessel nackered and PRV stuck shut! Not safe to use!

IMHO

PRV should discharge at 3 Bar, if not it requires changing. The increase in pressure is like for said. Is your temporary filling loop connected and turned on? it should'nt be connected, or have you lost the charge in the expansion vessel? Turn it off and don't use until rectified, its dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105e - Pressure valve off the scale... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock