Discuss Baxi 105E - CH only reaches 50 degrees - Genius required! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Silvana

Hi can anyone help as my heating engineer has come to a dead end. The heating on my boiler (Baxi combi 105E)only reaches 50 degrees which leaves the radiators warm but not working at full heat. The hot water is fine, it actually reaches the maximum temperature on the boiler of 70 degrees but the heating won’t go any higher than 50 degrees. I do not have radiator thermostats or a room thermostat and the pressure on the boiler is fine, as is the pump. The radiators have been bled and some of the radiators been taken off to check for sludge but they were clear so it doesn’t appear to need a powerflush, it’s just that the heating won’t go any higher on the boiler than 50 degrees (as per the display panel) when it should be able to reach 70 degrees. One of the radiators was also taken off to see if that improved the heating but it didn't. Has anyone got a suggestion as to what the problem can be as my heating engineer and I are at our wits end!

Thanks
Silvana

have you had any new rads added on to the existing system?, has your engineer checked for trapped air? cause that is probably where the fault is, also has he checked for failty thermistors?, are the valves fully open?, would also recomend upgrading to trvs and adding a room thermostat.

Thanks just bought a thermistor so will get him to try that and also check for trapped air, thanks so much for the suggestions!

The control knob spindle snapped is a possibility if the heating thermister is okay! The knob may be turning but it aint spinning the potentiometer on the pcb

Really need to be checking thermister resistances, bp's and modulation IMO :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:iagree: I'd go with that. Or the knob hasn't been put on in the correct place on the potentiometer itself. Seen it quite a few times on Baxi products, Duo Tecs and other.

.Arran 197 may have hit the nail on the head, baxi control knobs can be fitted out of line, max on knob isn't max on circuit board potentiometer, I think the contol knods are fixed, so circuit board will need to be dropped out slightly, then turn with electrical screw driver to make sure when control knob is max then so is circuit board potentiometer. Jon

Also check the filter inside the return valve....may stop water circulating.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

have you had a new board fitted as the potentiometer nobs mite be in the wrong place then need to be back to zero when new board fitted or as above said broken spindles ave had that a couple of times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105E - CH only reaches 50 degrees - Genius required! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello all, I’m looking for some advice on my Vaillant boiler, which is controlled by my Hive thermostat. I have set the radiator flow temperature...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Hello, I wonder if anyone could offer some advice please? I have an Ultracom 30HXI that serves DHW, Radiators and UFH manifolds. The boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock