Discuss baxi 105e 3 bar pressure problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

seanmfc

hi all

i was told i would be back with a problem

about a month ago i was advised the ex vessel (which is charged to 1 bar) was knackered so fitted an external one t into the return pipe everything was running fine until i checked the pressure level then i topped it up to 1 bar then ran the ch watched the needle within 5 mins it was at 3 bar so i presume the prv kicked in looked outside confirmed this anyone any ideas

thanks

check the new expn vessel is charged to .75 bar when the system pressure is zero first.

Did you top the expansion vessel to 1 bar or the heating system ?
Is your filling loop closed and disconnected ?

the vessel should be at the same pressure as you are intending to run the system at ie 1bar system pressure = 1bar vessel pressure ,you need to check it with 0 pressure in system then top up and as toddyplumb says disconnect the fill loop in case its letting by

sorry for the delay in getting back been away for a week

when fitting the new ev it was pre charged to 1 bar pressure then the water was pressurised to 1 bar also

i have now noticed that the needle does not go past 3 bar pressure when hot and also when cooled down the system stays at just over half bar pressure there are no leaks and the filling loop is not passing water more importantly there is no water comming out of the prv
shall i just leave it alone seeing as there is no leaks and no more loss of pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi 105e 3 bar pressure problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock