Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Baxi 100 HE Plus boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MGB_Roadster

I have a Baxi 100 HE Plus boiler that is part of a system installed in1997 in a new (refurb) property. Last summer I realised it was long overdue for a service, so had this done last June. I had never had any problems for the three years prior to the service, but since then it's been locking out at intermittent intervals.

The boiler is in the attic, so it's not easy to get at, but I've tried to make a note of what's happening.

During the summer, when I was using just hot water for a couple of hours per day, the boiler would cut out approx every two weeks, lockout light showing red, boiler and mains lights showing green. Pressure would have dropped from 1.5 bar to approx 1.0. bar. After I re-pressurised to 1.5 bar and pressed the reset button it would be ok for another couple of weeks.

During autumn, hot water for two hours, heating for five hours per day, the boiler would cut out more frequently, approx every two-three days. Same symptoms as outlined above.

In the extremely cold weather in December/January I was using the heating for approx twelve hours per day. This caused the boiler to cut out most days, sometimes twice per day.

I checked on the boiler a couple of weeks ago, when it hadn't cut out for a few days, and found that it was running quite happily at approx 0.2 bar.

Any suggestions for what might be causing this ?

lots of things sometimes, but have come across one that had me for a little while, fault presure gauge reading wrong said 1.2+ but was aprox 2.5,heat on, over presure, prv opened and hear we go again!!!!!!! or is it ev thats at fault???

Combustion chamber door seal damaged, this leats the heat out into the case and trips an overheat stat, common problem on this boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 100 HE Plus boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock