Discuss Bathroom Radiator Fittings - Novice! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thomasr79

hi All,

hope you can help. Moved in to a new house and have got two bathroom pipes (the old thin style) which are exactly 575mm apart.

The radiator which is sitting here waiting to be fitted but wasn't before we moved in (Wonder why!), has the holes exactly 550mm apart.

Is it a case of getting a new radiator? After speaking to someone the other day, they said we have our pipes distanced apart in the old school way so no radiator is going to fit perfectly.

What's the answer?! Taking up the tiles/floorboards to move 25mm is not preferable!

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
shut down the valves on your existing radiator, drain water out, throw away.
hang your new one on the wall, measure exactly the distance from the radiator, to your vertical pipes, take that information to your merchant and he should be able to help with a pair of new valves to suit.

good luck
shaun

hi, thanks for that. there is no radiator currently in place.

So, it just means one of the corners won't be straight in line with the fittings because it's only 2.5cm out. will just look a bit naff I guess.

no, thomas. i meant that if you put smaller valves into the radiator, you may be able to absorb the difference so the pipes will be straight!

if thats not possible the only way to do it is under the floorboards on one of the pipes.

shaun

hi All,

hope you can help. Moved in to a new house and have got two bathroom pipes (the old thin style) which are exactly 575mm apart.

The radiator which is sitting here waiting to be fitted but wasn't before we moved in (Wonder why!), has the holes exactly 550mm apart.

Is it a case of getting a new radiator? After speaking to someone the other day, they said we have our pipes distanced apart in the old school way so no radiator is going to fit perfectly.

What's the answer?! Taking up the tiles/floorboards to move 25mm is not preferable!

thanks!

you dont say whatts on the end of the pipes 575 soundslike its spaced for a 600mm ladder towel rail are the valves if fitted straigt or angled ?

gently bend the micro-bore tails with your fingers in half inch each to close the gap,
or change the rad unions for adjustables wich you can set to the right spacing. easy really.

hi all,

thanks for the comments. The pipes can bend enough to line up straight with the holes so that's sorted.

I'm sorry if being thick about this but in effect I have got this radiator

Delonghi Chrome Curved Heated Towel Rail 1400mm x 600mm

The top one. The holes are vertically under the radiator.

but the valves I have are

[DLMURL="http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9265382&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=trv4&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1237840586987&isSearch=true"]Drayton TRV4 Radiator Valve & 248BQ Chrome Plated/White, 07 05 248BQ[/DLMURL]

Our pipes are coming up straight out the floor as normal.

Is it possible for anyone to link to a site which shows the correct valves? had a look around b&q for something that would be suitable and spoke to a guy there but got no help whatsoever.

thanks again

what I don't get is that the ones I seem to need is

Radiator Valves (bottom left)

So I think where Im going wrong on this is that I was expecting the thermo turning part of the valve to be vertical not horizontal which is what is needed with this part.

Sorry for that

And in fact all I need is the top left ones of this

Radiator Valves

Sorry - thanks for all your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bathroom Radiator Fittings - Novice! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock