Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bath Tap Temperature in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Get yourself an engineer out mate. Probably for the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Tmv only on new. Replacing an existing doesn't need one. Do you have a shower or anything similar. Could be mains cold back feeding through cooling hot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Leaky123

Leaky123 New Member

The photo was further back in the thread. I have arranged for a plumber to visit tomorrow but just wanted the heads up on what the problem might be.
    IMG_2538.jpg

4. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

None of us should assume but you are right. But we don’t know what was there before the bath swap but as the OP doesn’t know what they’re looking for it’s all a bit finger in the wind

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Riley

Based on that set up I would agree with Simon thinking cold backfilling

6. Leaky123

Leaky123 New Member

There is a separate mixer shower above the bath taps which seems to be fine.

7. Riley

Could be thermostatic though so is capable of dealing with the cold Mains

8. Shower Engineer

Shower Engineer Plumber

In that case it could be the hot NRV in the mixer shower that is causing the problem.

9. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Goosed check valve. Changed a shower last year. All outlets in bathroom not very hot. They spent a fortune on visits to fix the combi. I was referred to change shower and swap taps. Phoned me after to tell me the water had never been so hot in the bathroom. All down to shower.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Coby kenny AGUILAR

Coby kenny AGUILAR Member

Check under bath and see if you have on of these.
    Google Image Result for https://cdn.aws.toolstation.com/images/141020-UK/800/18520.jpg

If you don't have a TMV send a picture of bath taps and could you try get a clearer image of the cylinder and pipework later on, take a step back and include as much pipework as you can

Does anyone else see two pumps? Maybe a thermal store with a mixer on the side...

11. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Do you install a tmv everytime when fitting a bath??

12. Riley

You don’t have to but on the rare occasion that I have done baths in recent years I have just from a safety perspective because they tend to be elderly customers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Leaky123

Leaky123 New Member

Thanks for all the advice and prompts. I’ve worked out there is a TMV on the cylinder pipework and think this might be the problem. I’ll let you know how I get on.

14. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

How did you figure that out?

• Like Like x 1
  15. EvilDrPorkChop

EvilDrPorkChop GSR

Isn't it a thermal store, hence the two pumps? Rather than just a traditional cylinder.

• Agree Agree x 1