Search the forum,

Discuss Bath: 75mm trap or 50mm Anti-syphon trap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

Looking for advice from you hardened pros...

Have bath, feeding into soil stack, via 3.1m of 40mm pipe with two 90 swept bend. (The run was going to be only 1m until I decided to flip the bath round for a better view!)

Currently fitting the bath, I could fit the bath 600mm high (rim to floorboards) so I can fit a 75mm trap beneath (not keen to cut the floorboards) OR I could fit the bath lower with one of those 50mm anti-syphon traps...

Any advice as to the best course of action??

cheers

Use an 1 1/2" HepVo valve with a knuckle adaptor. This will also act as an AAV and help prevent syphoning of other traps.

Use an 1 1/2" HepVo valve with a knuckle adaptor. This will also act as an AAV and help prevent syphoning of other traps.

Thanks for reply Mike. Since posting I've managed to find a different route. Now I've got 2.7m run with 2 swept bends - which I guess is equivalent to just over the 3m mark.

Are the HepVo valves vulnerable to getting bunged up with hair etc ....

I hate fanny traps. Hep ones. Fill with slime and stop working after a while. Fit a tee and bring a seperate Aav and use a low profile trap. Aav needs to be at spill over level or do it really old school, fit a tee close as u can to trap run 1 1/4 back to stack as high as u can below rim of bath at back and fit it into boss at same height on stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath: 75mm trap or 50mm Anti-syphon trap? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm installing a new bathroom. I have a combined drain for the bath and shower (2 x 40mm >> 50mm >> stack) and have a McAlpine VP2 AAV to fit under the bath to avoid syphoning of the shower trap. Is this type of AAV correct and how high does it have to be above the bath/shower traps? Thank you.
Replies
Views
S
Hoping for some advice on the use of AAVs while plumbing in my new bathroom. There is a sketch of the waste layout in the link below. All of the plumbing is concealed within floorboards or stud walls, so I can't have any AAV's on show. There are 2 voids either side of the bathroom and an AAV at...
Replies
Views
Stephen44uk
S
Hi looking for some advice thanks in advance, I have got a plumber coming over to check this problem but I don't 100% trust him as he denied it could be anything he done that caused it , but googling has led me to believe other wise. Getting an attic conversion , fitting toilet in attic on...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I am fitting an air admittance valve to a stack pipe in a bathroom, see pictures. A separate washbasin waste pipe and bath waste pipe are also connecting to the soil pipe. I have fitted an anti syphon trap to the washbasin and a HepVo to the bath My question is Is there a...
Replies
Views
ronald
R
Any ideas as to what can be done to reduce the impact of induced syphonage in this situation? One badly designed (too long) 40mm wastepipe is used for the bath, basin and kitchen-sink. Inevitably there is a good deal of gurgling when, say, the kitchen sink is drained as it ‘pulls’ noticeably on...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock