Discuss Basin fixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of 6" frame fix screws and screw it to a bit plywood in the next room.
Tell him he can paint it.

Either that or silicon and a couple of screws into the gyproc to hold it level until it sets. It will never move after it cures.
Don't worry about having to take it off again. It is highly unlikely to be your problem 10 years + down the line.

I would tile (splashback that is) first and would use plastic plasterboard plugs on the tile.
If you wonna do a better job - put a wooden support in the wall, tile and use fisher bolts.

Last edited:
i tend to use good plasterboard fixings, not the screw in ones, and scratch the paint behing the basin off with a stanley blade, and put loads of silacone behint it, id rather it grip to the pink finish than the paint!

Spring toggles for me as they are really solid!

I hate it when people stick basins to the wall with silicon cause I am usually the 'poor get' who has to take the bloody thing off again . . . . .

That's a recourse for 'Bodge the Builder' not a plumber. Our job is to make it easy to remove/service for the next poor sod who comes along . . .

I had a basin that someone had grip-filled to the wall!!!

Wasn't much wall left once I had the pesky thing away . . . .

Fischer fixings are great, use them on all work where i can except for the basin fixing where i have used the toggles. I used toggles on the towl rad, would have used for basins but the screw heads are not accessible so i use hex bolts and heavy duty rawl plugs.

It's on a pedestal but I want piece of mind.

Spring loaded toggle types are best IMO, remember to silicon well around them to stop water ingress though, I went to one the other week it was grouted and silcone'd inn. I told the customer he'd need a new basin and it did'nt come out!! He informed me was only there at weekend so not really bothered will just retile over the existing tiles and tile up to it!!! I left without doing much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basin fixing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back