Discuss Bar pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rutterkyn

Hello everyone
I have got a Vaillant turbomax combi boiler, Its a good 12 years old and i have just noticed that when the heating is on the bar pressure goes right off the scale. When the boiler is left off overnight the bar pressure is at 1.5 which i think is about right. With the pressure going so high is it safe to use?
Many Thanks
Darren

how high are we talking ? should go up to about 2.5-3 bar max

hi Quigly
It goes past 4 and i think it would carry on going if i didnt shut the heating off

hi Quigly
It goes past 4 and i think it would carry on going if i didnt shut the heating off

If does sound like your expansion vessel but you got a problem as sounds like no pressure relief valve is fitted as should be discharging at 3 bar get a plumber to check it out

that was my point as it should have been discharging from PRV, very dangerous DO NOT use this until sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bar pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock