Discuss Ball valve issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted new F&E tank, kept overflowing. Had to apply a lot of pressure to shut off the valve, water just rose above the float.

Replaced float and valve, still same issue. Is there something obvious Im missing here? Jobs like an hour drive away and having to keep going back is doing my **** in

If you mean the ball valve is passing, either a new ball valve or fit a pressure reducing valve
If the water level is rising after the ball valve stops,then you have other issues

Not a split coil the valve just isn't shutting off, I thought pressure may be too high but Pressure reducing valves aren't cheap and the old galvanised tank and ball valve was working fine with the pressure.

Water pressure too high, maybe fit a 6" float or fit a Fluidmaster Side entry valve??

Bog standard one from plumb center, cheap. I think it's a pressure issue as if I tie the float up with string it shuts off.

Have you some how got one with a low pressure red thingy in it rather than the high pressure white one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ball valve issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Water keeps filling up my home water tank from the output valve at the bottom of the tank and not from the top of the tank Water keeps pouring in...
Replies
Views
I assumed that the red ball float was for a header tank on the central heating side and the blue ball float was on a cold water storage tank. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock