Currently reading:
Bahco Adjustables poor quality!

Discuss Bahco Adjustables poor quality! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leakeee

Iv been hunting around for ages for a 10" adjustable that does 28mm nuts and not one of those stupid slim
jaws that slip off on everynut!

i used to have one but it was stolen, apparently bahco dont make them anymore!

I bought one of the 9072p spanners which is so poor the jaw moves around, slides off and it only goes up to 30mm.

So iv given up on bahco and am now looking for a better make. What would you say are the best spanners around?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
We have recently started doing a job of the month competition. Winner chosen by the person who donates the prize.

Mark Haywood, what are you/Bahco doing about the massive quality difference between old and new? Will they ever be the same again?
Hello Gav8
The manufacturing tolerances used previously where much tighter however there is always a pay off between reachng standards, having a product that we are proud to be associated with at a price that is acceptable to the market, the wrenches made today are all fully within the multitude of specifications needed (BS, ISO, ANSI) however if you look at our 95 series of adjustable wrenches these have a side screw action as opposed to the traditional centre knurl, the benifit of these is their strength and the finer adjustment that can be made due to a different manufacturing process that can't be replicated by the normal adjustables. For what its worth these are also the adjustable of choice for the MOD. Hope this helps,
loadImage.aspx

[/QUOTE]
60% of my tooling is bacho my adjustables are my main tools,if my apprentice left those anywhere he would have his pay docked the only 2 of your recent products that quite frankly are tat are that stupid pump pliers that does not really fit anything and your junior hacksaws the frame is to flimsy i had one for a day and returned it to the merchants

I use a Bahco jnr hacksaw.
Never had a problem with it and I cut a lot of stainless with it.
In fact, the bahco hacksaw blade that it came with it lasted for ages.

[/QUOTE]
60% of my tooling is bacho my adjustables are my main tools,if my apprentice left those anywhere he would have his pay docked the only 2 of your recent products that quite frankly are tat are that stupid pump pliers that does not really fit anything and your junior hacksaws the frame is to flimsy i had one for a day and returned it to the merchants[/QUOTE]

Hello Gasman
We have a number of frames in the assortment, the basic version is the 239 as show
loadImage.aspx

We also have the 268 whihch is more stable, and may suit your needs better
loadImage.aspx

Hope this helps

you wont find any standard junior hacksaw to be great(as good as older ones) today imo, i have several and they are all poor compared to the old ones my dad left me when he passed. Same with all tools, record,hilmor etc..... alot of poor stuff now. Thats why ebay is so great as you can still get your hands on older stuff in good nick.

I borrowed a recent Bahco adjustable and they aren't that good now and the jaws wobble. I have an own brand "Kennedy"adjustable from Cromwell and it's miles better for a lot less money.

My best Junior Hacksaw is an old Eclipse with part die cast frame and tightening nut, from the 1980s.

As for regular hacksaws, the Sandvik original has set the standard for many years and I hope Bahco don't cheapen that one. I have 2, one original 12" one and another cut down to take 10" blades.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pm Mark (mate :presents3:)

I'll let you know how I get on :hurray:

I do like my Bahco stuff and we have quite a bit of it. One gripe about the large hacksaw though, I've had two snap in the last four years, both after about 18 months of ownership :(

I like Bhaco stuff, and I've got to add, I haven't snapped my hacksaw. Haven't got their junior hacksaw. Got a old Eclipse one.

Can you get replacement springs for bahco's?
Had a quick look but no joy.
I've got an old bahco 31' alligator with a bit of play, but there's no spring on the roller??????

Mark Haywood.

Hello Mark. I contacted the lad you put me on to but he can't get the Bahco spare spring/screw.
Do you (or anyone) know where I could get one of these springs?
After all, it's only a spring!

It's like the spring pictured on the label in this link.....

Bahco Adjustable Spanner Repair Kit, Worm wheel and pin. | eBay

Ta :crazy:

Some of the best tools you can get are old British made ones second hand off ebay and car boot sales! They just don't make stuff like they used to.

Hello All
We don't deal direct but I will investgate another option to get a win/win

Let me investigate........

I'd just like to thank Bahco (and Mark^^^^) for sorting me out with a new jaw/knurl kit for my Bahco 31 adjustable.
I only needed the spring out of it but they sent me the kit, so I fitted the spring and screw/roller today and it works perfectly! :25:

Mine is the older one without the hole in the handle (pre 1990) according to Wrenches with

By the way Mark, the jaw in the new kit does NOT fit the older adjustable. It won't slide in but I wouldn't have used it anyway. :D

So a big 'SHOUT OUT' to Bahco, probably the best adjustable's in the world!!! :hurray:

If anyones interested, i've got two bahco 9031's in front of me now. One is an older one with made in sweden inscribed on it and the other is a newer one with no mention of where it has been made on it, so i presume its a spanish made one.

There is no difference between the two. Both appear to be identical and both have around 0.7-0.8mm of "jaw wobble" :)

I might have to try one of these irega's as i would like to have an adjuastable with less jaw wobble.

I've got both, Impressed at first with irega spanner but jaws have now started jaw wobble. The irega does however open slightly wider which is handy in some situations.

Hello All
As you know we do not sell direct, the range fo tools can be bought "at all good retail outlets" however I do know that the range is stocked and competitevly priced at buybrandtools.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bahco Adjustables poor quality! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock