Discuss B rated boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ratpig

Hi giuys,

What is the standing on fitting B rated boilers now? I know the regs changed on 1st of April no longer allowing the fitting of B raters, but what if you have B rated in stock? Can these still be used??
Thanks again in advance.

Should not be fitted am afraid, not officially,time to break up for spare parts or sell on e bay
imho

So, unofficially, could one be fitted and then a landlords safety certificate issued without registering the boiler??

All that CO2 sent into the atmosphere to make them in the first place and now you're not allowed to install the remaining stocks. Something's wrong somewhere surely?

take the performa 24 he on max you will get 0.0002 take the worcester or duotec both have "conveinient" pre figured service modes you will get 0.0004,try sticking a fga in any band a flat out in dhw not in service mode you will get 0.0007-0.0009 so why are they banning band b boilers exactly???????????

So, unofficially, could one be fitted and then a landlords safety certificate issued without registering the boiler??

The boiler can be band a,band b or just a standard boiler,nothing to do with the safe installation of the boiler as to regards a landlords safety certificate,which is not a certificate but a record,it is just a record of what boiler it is and that it meets the safe installation requirements for that boiler
A boiler does not have to be registered to be included on a gsr,the boiler band and reg is building control nothing to do with gas safety although they tend to over lap

imho

Thanks Puddle,

I understand that there is no corollation between safety certs and banded boilers but I was wondering if the LSC could be used instead of the installation cert as a record of correct installation.

Thanks Puddle,

I understand that there is no corollation between safety certs and banded boilers but I was wondering if the LSC could be used instead of the installation cert as a record of correct installation.
baxi wont care they would still honor the warranty,its up to you if you notify,you should,balls in your court

Thanks Puddle,

No,it can not as we have already established you can gain a gsr to meet the legal requirements for rental without the installation of the appliance being correct as regards band used which a installation cert would pick up
But you do not need a installation cert to legally rent out a property,thats just to state you have complied with building regs/comtrol

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to B rated boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock