Discuss Aye Right!!! This was quoted on Rated People..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

house fully replumbed,new boiler fitted & new radiators fitted, all pipe work moved, new kitchen sink fitted,new bathroom fitted no bath,shower & cubicle,external waste pipes moved & replaced & situate a new downstairs wc

How much? .......

Under £2,000 !!!!

Guess what I bet some muppet will buy the quote and do it for this price.

i bet it will be a right mess,how can they fit all that for just 2k labour?

i bet it will be a right mess,how can they fit all that for just 2k labour?
It's 2k for parts and labour!!!! No wonder this industry is in such a bad state.

This is from a job I was asked to quote for on Rated People. Two have already bid for it at 2k!

leave em get on with it,its a no brainer they will be fitting for free

Even if they nicked the stuff it is a joke.
Never looked at any of these internet places and if that is the std of shyte that is on them i doubt if i ever will.

You could just about do it in all surface mounted push fit plastic pipework everywhere, second hand gear, a few illegal immigrants who will work for peanuts and a good amount of stuff nicked from the backs of vans.

An example of what to expect:

polish plumbers

the people wanting this work done must be aware of what they are likely to expect or dumb,come on this is just silly..

the people wanting this work done must be aware of what they are likely to expect or dumb,come on this is just silly..
A lot of these so called customers go on Rated People just to get a free quote as they are only curious as to what the cost will be for their new bathroom. kitchen etc. I'm only trying it because I got a free trial. The expected quotes are a joke, but there are a lot of muppets out there who'll work for nothing. I'm not one, I have a family to feed and a house to keep and I get angry at these so called tradesmen working for peanuts.

A lot of these so called customers go on Rated People just to get a free quote as they are only curious as to what the cost will be for their new bathroom. kitchen etc. I'm only trying it because I got a free trial. The expected quotes are a joke, but there are a lot of muppets out there who'll work for nothing. I'm not one, I have a family to feed and a house to keep and I get angry at these so called tradesmen working for peanuts.
totally agree ,i have came to the conclusion that if my price was to dear etc.then that was the customers problem not mine, i'd rarther stay at home,and some of the prices i have seen plumbers working for on this site has surprised me.

I get angry when I see their adverts on the telly. Rated people? Rated by who exactly? there is no vetting procedure except dosh, and if you go in low and do win a job ,your feedback will be advertising your services as cut-price,cheap and vastly under priced. Not exactly what we as an industry want to see.

Rated people and all such web sites are the dregs. If it works for you and you make a "living" then so be it. The world has changed in the past few years to the extent people think they can "buy" anything on the internet. These places advertise themselves as the place to get a good or proper tradesman when they are nothing the sort. There may be a few good tradesmen in there as desperate times need desperate measures but most good tradesmen wouldn't touch them with a pole. Customers use it to fish for the lowest price (think internet holidays a couple of years back) but most wouldn't know a good job if it bit then on the backside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aye Right!!! This was quoted on Rated People..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock