Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss automatic flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

godfrey1971

hi all
just been to look at a job today, in a pub, the cistern on the urinal keeps overflowing ,the cistern has a dome automatic syphon it is filled by means of a valve on the main supply which seems to work only when the wc is flushed then after a time it stops filling but does not flush the urinal , the end of the feed to cistern has a drain cock on it where the water come out to fill cistern ,I thought the flow to these cisterns was constant, the system has no electricity supply, can I do away with the control valve and just put a stop tap to control flow of water ,any suggestions has im still gaining experience, hope ive made it clear,
thanks jg:confused:

the syphon doesnt have a handle to flush like a "normal" cistern, it flushes when the level fills up inside the syphon (via the valve you are calling the drain valve, which cant be done away with)and syphons the water down into the urinal, the time between flushes is regulated by the speed it fills up, it depends on how often it is used but every 20 minutes rings a bell, if the cistern is overflowing there must be a blockage in the flush pipe, does it flush through single outlets or through a sparge (i think) pipe, which is basically a 22mm pipe with loads of holes in it, you will need to disconnect whatever it flushes through to find/clear the blockage.

Last edited by a moderator:
had one once where the 40mm waste was thick with limescale from urine. it was down to 10mm bore to flow in most of its length causing back up. replace the lot, disgusting..

thanks for the replies as it only my second proper job any help is welcome what I dont understand is why there is not a constant trickle into the cistern but only fills when the wc is flushed further along the pipe.
jg:confused:

thanks for the replies as it only my second proper job any help is welcome what I dont understand is why there is not a constant trickle into the cistern but only fills when the wc is flushed further along the pipe.
its got a water saving device fitted which reacts to usage of other appliances this is so it fills when someone uses the basin or other toilets saves water as it reguilates by the amount of use ocuring
this is how it should work
you canadjust the time it fills for after use by an alen key in the top of the device think its called an economiser or similar

its got a water saving device fitted which reacts to usage of other appliances this is so it fills when someone uses the basin or other toilets saves water as it reguilates by the amount of use ocuring
this is how it should work
you canadjust the time it fills for after use by an alen key in the top of the device think its called an economiser or similar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to automatic flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock