Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Automatic cistern syphons in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbp plg & htg

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted 2 S/S toilet urinals approx 16mths ago in a school, got a call yesterday to say one wasnt working. The set-up is a 15mm copper pipe run at high level then tees off left and right, same distance apart and height.

Got there today and looking in one the cistern was 1/3rd full but no water coming from pipe, looked in the other and 1/2 full and filling then flushing no problem. Put my thumb over the end of the filling one and the other started to fill, thumb off and it stopped?

This has baffled me so any suggestions?

Bearing in mind its 2 open ends with the water on, been working for some time with no problem and now its stopped filling one of them.

Bit of crud partially restricting the cock on the second one?

the control could be letting less water pass is it a hard water area or maybe a filter on control

Soft water area, whats getting me is it will only let water out of the left hand side unless i block it then it allows the right hand side to fill?

The control is not letting out enough water. You need to adjust it and potentially throttle down the flow to the left hand cistern with a pet cock.

Fitted 2 S/S toilet urinals approx 16mths ago in a school, got a call yesterday to say one wasnt working. The set-up is a 15mm copper pipe run at high level then tees off left and right, same distance apart and height.

Read more: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/40687-automatic-cistern-syphons.html#ixzz290wCWgGc Hi if I I am reading this right you have two urinals fed from a single cistern. The down pipe should be 22mm from auto valve and tee 15mm to each spreader to work correctly. Hope this makes sense.

Read more: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/40687-automatic-cistern-syphons.html#ixzz290wCWgGc Hi if I I am reading this right you have two urinals fed from a single cistern. The down pipe should be 22mm from auto valve and tee 15mm to each spreader to work correctly. Hope this makes sense.

Hi there and thanks to those who tried to help - upshot was that it was what I can only assume as airlocked? Managed to unclip pipe from wall and pull away enough to suck it and hey presto both now working again!

Also it was 2 urinals with 2 cisterns each having an automatic syphon installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Automatic cistern syphons in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low...
Replies
Views
My cistern kept overflowing randomly was told it was probably caused by the bottom filling valve failing I purchased one and a plumber fitted it...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got a leak coming from the loft into a bedroom which I think is caused by water overflow from feed and expansion cistern (see attached...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock