Discuss Asbestos waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pelsey

Hi guys I've got a job coming up for a boiler swap and the old glowworm has an external vertical asbestos flue about 4 m long

where do you guys get rid of the stuff, customer wants me to get rid of it

cheers

paul

always have PPE dust mask paper suit etc. tac cloths, double bag it. Mines get collected by dhl but thats through BG

Last edited:
I double bag it and leave the cust to get shot of via asbestos skip, is also on the caveat at the bottom of all our paperwork "NO ASBESTOS WILL BE REMOVED FROM SITE"

Well if the customer wants you to remove it then charge them whatever it takes to get it done. Phone a company in and add a percentage for your costs. Keep all paper records, it's your legal responsibility to be able to prove it was removed and safely disposed of by a competent registered company.

Protect yourself, your family and your customer and be able to prove you did so.

I've got a job on at the moment, £400 to remove asbestos flue and asbestos tank from loft. To be honest I'd rather charge that to the customer and know its dealt with the right way and disposed of correct
Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Asbestos waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks I’ve got a job today where I’m out in the middle of nowhere and the complaint is water passing into the toilet pan constantly. Now I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams One is the current layout And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock