Discuss Asbestos cold water tank??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used an online service a few years back. Had some dodgy pipe insulation in an old folks home. Sent me a kit out. Overalls, mask, gloves, bags etc. Take a sample double bag and post it back. Email results a few days later. Mine wasn't asbestos. About 40 notes.

That's the one I used.
Thank you Simon so much for all the info. I've found a company to test the tank. Knocked them down from ÂŁ162 to ÂŁ80! Not as great as your deal but I'm rather happy with my haggling skills :) They're coming tomorrow morning and will get results in the afternoon. Appreciate you getting in touch x

So are house mortgage surveyors now going to be insisting that ALL asbestos be removed before a mortgage can be granted?

That'll potentially mean some houses may be unsaleable.
Imagine a house with Asbestos;

Guttering
Downpipes
Soil Stack
Artex
Asbestos Floor tiles.
Soffit

So are house mortgage surveyors now going to be insisting that ALL asbestos be removed before a mortgage can be granted?

That'll potentially mean some houses may be unsaleable.
Imagine a house with Asbestos;

Guttering
Downpipes
Soil Stack
Artex
Asbestos Floor tiles.
Soffit
Perhaps I'm just the unlucky one! My house is unsaleable until asbestos is removed. I've had do a lot of work on the property (a Victorian house) just to meet current building regs!! The loft bedroom had to be marketed as a loft room as it doesn't meet building regs to be classed as a bedroom anymore. Good news for those in the build game I guess! x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Asbestos cold water tank??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock