Search the forum,

Discuss argh it looks big enough! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammydodger

Gas Engineer
had a call back today for a sevice i done. the boiler i had deemed at risk because the compartment vent low level was only 76% of required size. however the customer refused me isolation permission, so i labelled it ect blah blah. shortly after british gas had been round to fit a meter and told the lady i was wrong sayin the vent LOOKED big enough. i then had to travel back recalculate and explain, my time my money. a 14.65kw gross open flued to internal space is 280cm3 right?

Bottom 14.65/1.1X20=266.38cm2
Top 14.65/1.1X10=133.18cm2

Less than, bottom 240 and top 120cm2, ie 90% = AR

had a call back today for a sevice i done. the boiler i had deemed at risk because the compartment vent low level was only 76% of required size. however the customer refused me isolation permission, so i labelled it ect blah blah. shortly after british gas had been round to fit a meter and told the lady i was wrong sayin the vent LOOKED big enough. i then had to travel back recalculate and explain, my time my money. a 14.65kw gross open flued to internal space is 280cm3 right?

your post makes me think you are not 100% up on vents, (or i cannae read rite :p) others have quoted what the correct compartment vents should be, but did you also check the combustion vent 14.65/1.1-7*5= 32cm2. (assuming 14.65 is MAX HI) can you clarify what you actually found, and that perhaps it is just the way you have written oor the way i'm interpreting this that is bothering me, you quote 280cm3 it should be 280cm2
also when you talk about open flued vents you need to work out 2 different sizes, (your post mentions low level vent so perhaps this is why you are only quoting the 280,) how did you come by 280 and what was the exact size of the existing vent?

just the lower vent. combustion vent was fine, over sized even. precisely i got 266cm "squared". i cannot type every detail because im using a playstation controller. im also aware that it would also require a top vent.

Blimey you're typing this with a PS3 controller? That surely must take ages mate!!

I still need to look in my notes to work out correct ventilation with open flued appliances. In compartments more so!!

Kirkgas teaches so he won't steer you wrong. X

just the lower vent. combustion vent was fine, over sized even. precisely i got 266cm "squared". i cannot type every detail because im using a playstation controller. im also aware that it would also require a top vent.

haha now i understand, i make enough typos using a keyboard,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to argh it looks big enough! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock