Search the forum,

Discuss Are support sleeves necessary for copper pipe compression fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

This must have been discussed in the past but with a quick search I couldn't find the answer I wanted.

What is the view of using support sleeves inside copper pipes for compression joints.

(The pipes in question are 28 mm and 35 mm diameter so I'd expect them to be pretty strong anyway.)

Are they...
a) essential?
b) recommended?
c) optional (depending on situation?)

Hardly ever used in run-of-the-mill plumbing. I wouldn't even know where I would buy them. Think Viessmann boilers come with them for the final connection to the boiler.

Reply to Are support sleeves necessary for copper pipe compression fittings in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock