Search the forum,

Discuss Are benders just benders? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have actually known people to throw out their benders when rippling and not even tried to remedy it with a bit of oil, or a clean as you say. Hopefully our posts will help someone out if they were considering chucking away their benders with this problem.

Metabo bought out by Hitachi / Hikoki in 2016 and I've had rubbish off them since - suspect they will be hollowed out over next few years :(

Did you see the news today ! no more gas boiler fitted by 2020 I would be thinking get your new guys trained in alternative forms of heating and push part of your company that way by being a accredited installer MCI and what ever else is needed , heating is gonna change dramatically in the next 5 years get ahead now take your company well part of it down the new road and get ahead of the rest

Guess I better acquire some refrigeration tools and equipment ....again!

Ffs

I have a set of Hilmor which haven’t been the best, one arm was bending slightly rubbing on formers. I have used someone else’s Monument - these seem decent and can get them at a decent price shopping around.

Just received 4 sets of Hilmar benders, nicely made bits of kit that bend without ripples etc. They don’t have any angle marks on the formers/shoe and nothing to align your measurements with. Is that normal for copper? I’m used to more like this:

24C54CC8-3E68-4F54-9DE1-7C26BD81F8D3.jpeg

With stainless tube they teach you to measure from one end. Then you account for the gain in each bend by which mark you line up against.

If you had a run with 6 bends you just start at one end mark the whole tube up before you start. Don’t seem to be able to do that with these.

I need to get a new bender ASAP my old rotherburger wind do 22mm unless 2 people jump on it

I’m looking at hilmor and bend it now

Bend it now are made by the same team who made the original hilmors I believe... I'm sure Shaun will confirm. Something along them lines anyway.

Bend it now are made by the same team who made the original hilmors I believe... I'm sure Shaun will confirm. Something along them lines anyway.

yes they did until hils was bought out / decided they were going to move manufacturing overseas

love my record bender, has only rippled pipes when theres a fault, first time was because the roller had seized up and second time was because the main pivot bolt had become too loose , otherwise keep the guides/formers clean and there awesome!! ,

Reply to Are benders just benders? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock