Currently reading:
Applying tile adhesive

Discuss Applying tile adhesive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm retired, not a plumber but a keen DIYer. I occasionally help a mate who is a one man band - he is a qualified sparky and has taught himself domestic plumbing. His main line of work is refurbishing bathrooms and I labour to him for a couple of days. We constantly disagree about applying tile adhesive to the walls prior to tiling - he "back butters" every tile which I think is mad, he says applying the adhesive directly to the wall doesn't work as it all falls off (??). We normally tile directly onto freshly erected plasterboard. Can someone help me convince him he's wrong?

RIGHT PEOPLE THIS THREAD IS ABOUT APPLYING ADHESIVE - IF YOU WANT A TANKING THREAD - MAKE ONE!

Some good and bad advice posted chaps you would do yourselves some good joining the tiling forum I am a member of both , tiling methods have moved on alot over the last few years some master crafts men on there we can all learn from . Kop

YES YOU DID!!!! -- My bad. I thought you said plasterboard is entirely acceptable to tile on... and then I read showers somewhere pmsl.

That's scanning the forum outside a tile shop while waiting for some tiles to be delivered to my car for you!

So sorry! My bad. :p

Hope your going to back butter your tiles @Dan 😁
[automerge]1569530361[/automerge]
Not sure why you would purposely introduce plaster skim to a wall that was to be tiled, sorry but that’s terrible advice.

OP get yourself over to the Tilers site for tiling advice. :)

Last edited:
Hope your going to back butter your tiles @Dan 😁
[automerge]1569530361[/automerge]
Not sure why you would purposely introduce plaster skim to a wall that was to be tiled, sorry but that’s terrible advice.

OP get yourself over to the Tilers site for tiling advice. :)
hahaha that went on a while eh lol Think I upset some people there lol

Reply to Applying tile adhesive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock