Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone tried a programmable TRV? Energy Savings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cascas

Hi,

Has anyone tried a programmable TRV yet? Temped to change my current TRV for the Terrier I-Temp, to reduce bedroom setting during day.

I have a Terrier i-temp in my bedroom, the noise that it makes when opening and shutting the valve is horrendous, it wakes you long before the alarm.

I have a Terrier i-temp in my bedroom, the noise that it makes when opening and shutting the valve is horrendous, it wakes you long before the alarm.
The valve shouldn't be jumping between open and closed. It's not a switch but a flow control device, like the accelerator on a car.

Have you tried balancing your system?

So you want a higher temperature at night in the bedroom?

The recommended bedroom temperature is 18C - which is about 3 on most TRVs.

Yes. During the day then temp can be set back - say 10deg - so higher temp in bedroom at night. Saves heating bedroom during the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone tried a programmable TRV? Energy Savings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock