Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone know how to get the tops off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Backboiler

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone know how these come apart? I want to fit revivers but can' see how they dismantle.

Thank you in advance.

tap.jpg

Try giving the top dome a gentle tap with a rubber mallet to free it if it won’t loosen easily.
Also electrical tape just around the dome part will give you something to grip with your hand.
I have used strap wrenches on them, but tricky to get a grip using them

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. I'll try them all until the damm thing comes off. Anyone know if the tap is a home brand, like Screwfix, Plumb Center etc?

Reply to Anyone know how to get the tops off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I want to change the system fill valve, but I’m struggling to dismantle the existing toilet to access underneath the tank, I’ve added some pictures can anyone advise of the steps? Thanks!
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone Doers anyone know how to remove this toilet seat? It has no push buttons or caps that I can see and I am trying to fathom out how to tighten it! Any help appreciated!
Replies
Views
Sorry for asking a silly question but does anyone know how this seat comes off ? Have had advice from local plumber but even he couldn't see how to do it. The only thing that seems possibly relevant is that each bearing point has two very small rectangular gaps, one at 8 o clock and one at 4 o...
Replies
Views
Anyone know how to clear a f70 fault on a british gas 330+ boiler
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to replace a motorhome tap and have come across these push fittings which don't seem to have any movement to enable uncoupling. Does anyone know if these are uncoupleable and if so, how? TIA.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock