Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone have any experience with Nu-Heat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Anyone have any experience with Nu-Heat? Looking at UFH and came across these guys - all looks pretty good on the surface. Interested in your opinions, and any alternative standout systems/companies if any.

Kind regards
Darryl

its ok

what you looking at overlay / retro fit

or screed

Nu heat. Looks like good product, high spec.

Then I asked them for a price and it was twice that of U-heat. Also Nu-heat initially sent me a quote based on a totally inaccurate information. For some reason the estimator had not received all the information I had received and so decided to just make random assumptions and quote me on a product that didn't suit my needs. Had I not looked into it closely, I would have ordered a totally inappropriate kit, so wasn't impressed.

@ShaunCorbs
Looking at screed. I’m really just after something that performs really well and is built solid and reliable, I’m willing to pay good money for this rather than try and get something on the cheap. If nu-heat are front-runners in the UFH market then so be it. Do you have any recommendations?

@Ric2013
Thanks for your experience. Did you go with u-heat in the end?

@Ric2013
Thanks for your experience. Did you go with u-heat in the end?

Yes, I did. Seems to be okay kit, though I used the suspended floor system and feel the heat output claimed was optimistic and that the aluminium spreader plates weren't that well made. Also I did not like the 2 port valve that was part of the kit, or the controller/thermostat (as it lacks volt-free contacts).

Also they sold me too many spreader plates which makes me think their design service isn't that great: they knew where my joists were and all the dimensions of the rooms and their own instructions were followed about leaving a certain distance from walls... and I have enough spreader plates to cover every last inch of floor.

Not that I mind, as I intend to use the aluminium to make an air/air crossflow plate heat exchanger for my bathroom extract. When I get a round tuit, that is.

To be fair, U heat's price was quite good, but if you know what you are doing, then obviously I'm sure you can mix and match as much as you like.

If you're only after a small area for yourself, you'd be welcome to my 16mm Pert/Al/Pert pipe as I have a couple of fair sized left over lengths from my own place and would be happy to get shot for the cost of postage. Obviously if I get a UFH job, then I might as well just buy what I need and charge customer. If you work out your lengths required, I'll check what I have for you...

Reply to Anyone have any experience with Nu-Heat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock