Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone have any experience with Nu-Heat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Anyone have any experience with Nu-Heat? Looking at UFH and came across these guys - all looks pretty good on the surface. Interested in your opinions, and any alternative standout systems/companies if any.

Kind regards
Darryl

its ok

what you looking at overlay / retro fit

or screed

Nu heat. Looks like good product, high spec.

Then I asked them for a price and it was twice that of U-heat. Also Nu-heat initially sent me a quote based on a totally inaccurate information. For some reason the estimator had not received all the information I had received and so decided to just make random assumptions and quote me on a product that didn't suit my needs. Had I not looked into it closely, I would have ordered a totally inappropriate kit, so wasn't impressed.

@ShaunCorbs
Looking at screed. I’m really just after something that performs really well and is built solid and reliable, I’m willing to pay good money for this rather than try and get something on the cheap. If nu-heat are front-runners in the UFH market then so be it. Do you have any recommendations?

@Ric2013
Thanks for your experience. Did you go with u-heat in the end?

@Ric2013
Thanks for your experience. Did you go with u-heat in the end?

Yes, I did. Seems to be okay kit, though I used the suspended floor system and feel the heat output claimed was optimistic and that the aluminium spreader plates weren't that well made. Also I did not like the 2 port valve that was part of the kit, or the controller/thermostat (as it lacks volt-free contacts).

Also they sold me too many spreader plates which makes me think their design service isn't that great: they knew where my joists were and all the dimensions of the rooms and their own instructions were followed about leaving a certain distance from walls... and I have enough spreader plates to cover every last inch of floor.

Not that I mind, as I intend to use the aluminium to make an air/air crossflow plate heat exchanger for my bathroom extract. When I get a round tuit, that is.

To be fair, U heat's price was quite good, but if you know what you are doing, then obviously I'm sure you can mix and match as much as you like.

If you're only after a small area for yourself, you'd be welcome to my 16mm Pert/Al/Pert pipe as I have a couple of fair sized left over lengths from my own place and would be happy to get shot for the cost of postage. Obviously if I get a UFH job, then I might as well just buy what I need and charge customer. If you work out your lengths required, I'll check what I have for you...

Reply to Anyone have any experience with Nu-Heat? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and replaced it with new components from Nu-Heat but the valve is not working properly. The valve replacement seems very simple with 4 main components and some...
Replies
Views
Hi All I've just started out studying NVQ level 2 plumbing and Heating and then further on to gas engineering. I work full time (Self-employed) and have been a successful Chef for 35 years but have no experience in the plumbing and gas industry. I have a car (clean licence) a good attitude and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
DIY air conditioning system. I've got lots of plumbing experience and want to install my own a/c split system 3 to 1. I intend having it commissioned by an F Gas qualified company. When l tried to buy the system the supplier want all details of the F Gas registered 'installer' before releasing...
Replies
Views
We have UFH throughout downstairs. I have had one coil replaced. I have had the thermostats checked that they are linking to the correct actuators, which they are. the cupboard where the UFH system is gets hot when I turn up the thermostats in one or all zones. The boiler is coming on but the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock