Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone familiar with a Woodford wall hydrant? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I am not a plumber, but very fluent in residential plumbing. My Daughter has a building in town. There are 2 Woodford wall hydrants. Neither one work. They are both the same. This one is missing the vacuum breaker. They may have never been turned on (or even opened) since the building was built 40+ years ago. I had a rough time getting the cover to open. I had to use heat and and impact driver to loosen the bolt. I turned the faucet but no water. One water line is in a finished wall, the other water line is in the middle of a double block wall. I can see it about 7 feet down between the blocks. There are no valves and no way to reach them if there were. Could it be possible that having these valves closed for decades sealed them shut? (yes the picture shows full of cobwebs)

Only thing I can think is to unscrew the whole valve and see what happens. I hate to break something, because there are quite a few different size parts that would have to be ordered.

(OK, It looks like I can only post pictures by remote links... Will try in a bit.)

Ugh this forum hates me. Try this and take out spaces at imgur Or someone else is welcome to put the picture in the thread.

https://
imgur .com /a/79IG4I6

Had to find a photo on imgur and change the number, copy the photo and here we are,,

Attachments

• Valve plumbers.jpeg
    Valve plumbers.jpeg
    453.8 KB · Views: 16
Had to find a photo on imgur and change the number, copy the photo and here we are,,
Thanks for posting the picture... Maybe it was because I had a new post count or being in a review que.

You can see it is packed in cobwebs, but that should not stop anything. When I open the valve with a key, I get nothing.

Reply to Anyone familiar with a Woodford wall hydrant? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock