Discuss Anyone carry a breathalyser? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
My drinking night is now a Wednesday (don't ask!) and on a Thursday morning I'm in my van driving god knows where and worried if I had a prang I will be breathalysed and if found over the limit I could face 6 months in prison/12 month ban/5 grand fine or all of the above so was thinking of getting a breathalyser gizmo like this, anyone got one? I reckon £42 is money well spent to save loosing my licence.

Alcosafe Kx6000s Breathalyser: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

Last edited:
Different people have different tolerances to alcohol and most people who have a few drinks every night are always over the limit because they are in-effect, keeping their alcohol level topped up and not giving it a chance to clear from their system. I know someone who got banned after having one, yes - one can of Stella. He was driving to the off-license to get more when he was stopped and told to blow.

Turns out that one can was just enough to tip his alcohol level over the limit.

If I'm driving the next day I won't have any alcohol.

If you're worried you might be close to the limit in the morning's I think a breathalyser kit is a good idea. What you going to do if you're about to set off to a job and the breathalyser says 'no'?

Here's a link about driving the morning after a drink.

Last edited:
and your still ****ed the next day, work to do and your meter goes red lights, what then?

Also, well done on hitting 2,000 posts.

I think if anyone needs to carry a breathalyser then they need to seriously look at their drinking habits. If you think you are over then the chances are you are.

It's not worth having a skin full if you're driving the next day. Any more than a couple of pints and you stand a good chance of still being over the limit the next morning. Is having a drink really worth risking your livelihood over?

Things are really hectic at the moment and I'm working 7 days so kind of every day is a school night, I can have my last drink at say midnight and drink plenty of water and then at 10:00am just check alcohol levels. If its red I'll go to sleep for a couple of hours.

Things are really hectic at the moment and I'm working 7 days so kind of every day is a school night, I can have my last drink at say midnight and drink plenty of water and then at 10:00am just check alcohol levels. If its red I'll go to sleep for a couple of hours.

nice to hear ya busy Phil......knock the booze in the head if your flat out, you get more done the next day anyhow:dizzy2:

My new girlfriend drags me out every Wednesday and then keeps me up all night, so on Thursday I'm wrecked to the point of sleeping on the bathroom floor for an hour at work (no joke). Gotta get my life sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone carry a breathalyser? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock