Discuss Anybody used local radio for advertising? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I costed up advertising at petrol pumps on top of the filling handle. £1060.00 plus vat for 4 weeks which i thought was a tad pricy for. Morrisons and sainsburies petrol station local to me.

I costed up advertising at petrol pumps on top of the filling handle. £1060.00 plus vat for 4 weeks which i thought was a tad pricy for. Morrisons and sainsburies petrol station local to me.

Good idea but yeah a little high in price!!

i like the idea of it but instantly put off by the price. essentially i think it does have potential but now know why only big companies advertise on them. its a shame because i think it has legs. but gonna see if a boiler manufacturer will help out so not dead in the water just yet.

Well today after a bit of thinking I have phoned the local radio station and they sent through the offer they have on at the moment, bearing in mind they have a half price offer on and it is £1995 for 4 weeks not sure if that is including vat but it comes with a free commercial. When I saw that I almost choked even if it was worth it I wouldn't pay the usual £5041 as that's stupid for a month!

I think mine was 150 for the month and they did me a free advert. They are doing a 3 month for 300 offer at the minute.

I think mine was 150 for the month and they did me a free advert. They are doing a 3 month for 300 offer at the minute.

If it was that is be all over it.

My way of looking at it is I look to make 400-500 on a boiler swap and 40 for the first hour so to break even just on that I'd need 4 boiler swaps and a few breakdowns.

I think 5k a month is stupid money no wonder it's mainly the likes of bg sainsburys etc advertising and I bet they don't pay that.

Well today after a bit of thinking I have phoned the local radio station and they sent through the offer they have on at the moment, bearing in mind they have a half price offer on and it is £1995 for 4 weeks not sure if that is including vat but it comes with a free commercial. When I saw that I almost choked even if it was worth it I wouldn't pay the usual £5041 as that's stupid for a month!

Which station millsy, Pirate FM?

Most advertising channels seem to work better through repetitive use. You may find that it take 3-4 months before it starts to really work. I also think radio advertising is very dependant on the ad itself being clear and catchy. I've been paying a lot of attention to radio advert as I'm looking at it myself. some just go in one ear and out the other, some really grab your attention.

Last edited:

the local sheep population and cows being milked dont really care for central heating, hence the cheap price:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anybody used local radio for advertising? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock