Discuss Any tips on getting half a snapped van key out of ignition? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
might be worth showing it to a locksmith (a proper one)?

you can take most barrels apart once out. they have a crescent washer holding them together but you should be able to poke a pin in the dropper holes and tease it out.

the locksmith way is to use a ..........................................pm me and i will tell you how to get it out.
i assume it is a flat key?

Locksmiths can sometimes remove these. Sadly they couldn't on mine and it cost me a new barrel and key. Ouch!!!

Good luck.

you can take most barrels apart once out. they have a crescent washer holding them together but you should be able to poke a pin in the dropper holes and tease it out.

the locksmith way is to use a ..........................................pm me and i will tell you how to get it out.
i assume it is a flat key?
no there not flat on this van,they are a funny shape the barrel is part of a non removable s/s set up with a ecu coded reader on it

Same thing happened to me,if you use a thin allen key/s you should be able to remove broken piece,then get new key cut easily,the chip is in the plastic section at the top of the key,NOT in the large plastic piece attached to it,I found this out to late and spent 1hr in a small skip looking for it,thanks for nothing AA,you will need this,due to not having key code and cost,I taped this to the new key,well in the end a taped it to the sensor after pulling from barrel but of cause it is always immobilised,it had to be in the centre so used some polystyrene to push it in and taped up worked a treat

I then had all my locks changed a few months latter,as the local louts had broken them one by one,at great expense and they would not fit ignition as I did not have the code they said I needed to replace it,I switched it over and indeed ,it did not start,however disconnected battery and connected 5 mins latter and all worked ok

I drove away next day had a diesel leak on high pressure side when engine started,repaired that,then went to drive off and exhaust dropped off,so thought to myself,someone trying to tell me something here and went and got a new van,loved the peugeot expert though

As said key chip in plastic key top not attached piece as many believe

IMG_1487.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any tips on getting half a snapped van key out of ignition? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hello All I've been having fun with my old vented, Y-Plan central heating system, since I finally got it up and running again yesterday, having...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point...
Replies
Views
Had a job booked in this morning, renew all rads in the property. Downstairs rads are in solid floor so customer said just change rads and alter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock