Discuss Any ideas? Unreliable heating. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Heating issues. Had new water pump fitted 3 weeks ago, new 3 port valve 18 months ago, boiler is 4 years old. I balanced radiators when new pump was installed and for 2 weeks or so the heating and hot water worked a treat. 3 days ago, woke up to find neither working properly. Timer comes on, boiler fires up but radiators downstairs not getting warm. Hot water not great. Balanced radiators again and all was fine but last two days every time I turn heating on nothing warm downstairs in spite of balanced radiators two days ago working fine. Pump does seem to work fine when it runs quietly but each time it starts there is a whirring noise and you know it won't work properly. Any ideas?

What’s the make of the pump ?

Is it this one?, if so post a photo of the LEDs while running.
1670786266161.png

Ups3 any red lights when running / having problems?

How many rad? and is it a sealed or open vent system with a Feed&Expansion (small) Tank in the attic.
If a sealed system ensure that the system pressure is 1.5bar cold.
If a OV system, present setting of CC3 at 6.4M is too high IMO and can cause air ingress.
Suggest, in either case, c/o to constant pressure setting 2, CP2 which is 4.5M.
Press the setting button for ~ 3 secs until the yellow LED illuminates at the far right, then briefly press the button until the green LED and the yelloe LED next to it are also illuminated, you are now on CP2 at a constant 4.5M head.

(Also, these pumps have had more than their "fair" share of failures.)

Reply to Any ideas? Unreliable heating. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock