Search the forum,

Discuss Any ideas for a fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

assegayer

20161119_174239.jpg

I have a leak coming from two pipes that were done by a so called plumber now its causing problems with the neighbours could anyone suggest to me a part to fix it. I was thinking of some sort of adapter that i could fit on. If you able to tell me the size of the pipes anr adapter or whatever solution that would great thanks.Pic attached above

Thanks in advance

Has that back to wall pan been cut ? Lol and a bent pan connector should sort you out

but not an easy job

might be best to find a different plumber

I suspect the white pipe is a bent (90degree) pan connector which is too short.
The end is probably only just in the soil pipe, it should have a rubber seal on it, like the below;

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p37429

Looks like the grey goes under the bath?

If it's into a pushfit socket it may be possible to pull it out and fit a slightly longer piece and a the same time fit a seal onto the pan connector.

Otherwise it's the WC pan out and a longer tailed 90 degree pan connector.
Or an extension, but will still need another seal for the existing pan connector;

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/wc-...nsion.html?id=82&wc_connector_type=267&cat=82

If the pan has been cut, it's strange that whoever did it had the skill to do that yet not the skill to make the connection watertight.

Last edited:
I suspect the white pipe is a bent (90degree) pan connector which is too short.
The end is probably only just in the soil pipe, it should have a rubber seal on it, like the below;

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p37429

Looks like the grey goes under the bath?

If it's into a pushfit socket it may be possible to pull it out and fit a slightly longer piece and a the same time fit a seal onto the pan connector.

Otherwise it's the WC pan out and a longer tailed 90 degree pan connector.
Or an extension, but will still need another seal for the existing pan connector;

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/wc-...nsion.html?id=82&wc_connector_type=267&cat=82

If the pan has been cut, it's strange that whoever did it had the skill to do that yet not the skill to make the connection watertight.

Thank you for the in depth explanation really appreciated. What size do you reckon the grey pipe is out of curiosity?

JOB DONE!!!! thanks all for help turned out pipe was to short and the seal was ****. Extended it and added new seal.

20161120_141914.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any ideas for a fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock