Discuss Another Cisten making load humming in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gordo52

The downstairs toilet cisten has taken to humming extremely loudly, the upstairs en suite one started this about 2 months ago and the landlord eventually got it fixed. Now this one has started, neither cisten workings are the same. we have three toilets and not one alike. I managed to find a picture of the one thats giving me problems now

toilet2.jpg

I feel if the job is simple I can do it quicker myself, it is a bottom fill on a pressured system. it has a small valve just under the cisten which I turned slowly trying to decrease the pressure, but either way that made no difference .

any help appreciated

heck I didn't expect anyone having sleep problems .. exactly where and what

Where the arm with the float on pivots on the top of the vertical tube there's a large nut, isolate water, remove nut, carefully note how all the parts are inside, remove the black washer, fit new, replace all parts as removed, turn on water.

If anything is in wrong the water won't shut off.

just sat down to answer again, I took the whole thing out, took the top off and checked the washer etc gave it a good wipe, and checked other bits. Put it all back to gether and low and behold no humming just the normal sound of one filling.

I haven't the foggiest how or what I did but for now it works and know what to go for if it plays up again. It did look to me like there was some form of clear mastic round the threads of the top nut.

Big thanks for the advice and pointers it is appreciated, being disabled I sometimes need a little extra clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another Cisten making load humming in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All! Bought a house recently, and we have been having the most frustrating issue with a very loud humming noise that intermittently comes and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years. But for the last few...
Replies
Views
We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! My Worcester Greenstar 30CDi Combi boiler started making a rather loud juddering noise two nights ago. I bled all the radiators and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock