Discuss Alpha Intec 24X No hw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, I have a friend who says they have no HW I had a look yesterday and it was all working fine. Got a text today saying it's stopped again. Anyone familiar with this boiler? The boiler is pretty much brand new.

Does anyone know if the diverter valve has a diaphragm? i'm thinking that it might need replacing or maybe HW sensor.

I'm sure it's a cartridge type which can be replaced easy enough. Remember the flow swith aswell.
Flow switch or diverter motor. Is it under warranty

So you would think it's the flow switch or diverter motor or would you change both? Just out of warranty unfortunately.

Is flow rate ok at tap ,,I would clean out filter first, i fitted a new boiler few weeks back and the labourer had put in new alkethene pipe downstairs and he must got sh$t in it because when i put water onto boiler the pressure at the tap was ok but wouldnt allow boiler to fire up, i stripped out the flow turbine and removed the flow restrictor and right enough sh$t in the restrictor, cleaned it out put it back and away she went ,

Flow rate is fine, i'll be back tomorrow evening to have another look.

You can test flow switch on pcb at X4 and diverter motor at X16 , worth checking them b4 you order to try and see if switch is opening n closing ,
Heres the manual for you ash,
[DLMURL]http://www.freeboilermanuals.com/pdf/alpha/Alpha%20InTec%2024X%20.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Check res at hot water stat aswell as maybe that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha Intec 24X No hw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice please. Have been noticing recently some odd behaviour with our hot water system. If...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock